What to wear on launch night...
To celebrate the opening of our brand new haunt Coven 13, we are attempting to break a world record for the largest number of witches and warlocks in one place!! So join us for an evening full of scares and record-breaking antics!
We bet you’re now wondering what to wear? Don’t worry we are here to lend a helping hand. Why not upcycle your old unwanted clothes into a quirky and original Halloween costume! Design, cut and sew the whole outfit yourself. You can even try making some accessories too! Here we will be showing you how to make your own Witch/Warlock tutu:
What you need:
- Elastic (1.5-2 cm wide)
- Tulle in colours of your choice ( 1-1.5 yards or 36-54 inches in length, 54 inches wide)
- Black or white thread depending on the colour of your elastic
- Tape measure
- Needle and thread
-Take your tape measure and measure the size of the tutu wearers waist. Take one inch off the measurement to make sure the elastic will stay around the waist.
- Overlap the ends of the elastic by an inch, pin it in place, then sew then together with either a straight stitch or a zig zag stitch. Make sure to back stitch to make it is 100% secure.
- Next lay your tulle out, and cut it vertically into strips 2-6 inches wide and to the length of your choice. Make sure to double the length as you will need to fold to tulle over. For a bigger, fuller tutu, use thicker strips. For a flatter tutu, use thinner strips.
- Now place your elastic waistband around a rolled up towel so it is easier to add the tulle.
- Take 2-4 pieces of your tulle (this makes it thicker) fold your tulle over so each end meets. Take the loop and place it under the elastic band. Then take the loose ends and thread it through the loop pulling tight to make sure its secure.
- Continue this process until the elastic waistband is covered. At this stage you can add to the more tulle to give it a fuller look.
Your Witch/Warlock tutu is now complete! Finish off your look with an old black t-shirt that you can jazz up with some splattered blood or hand sew some fake plastic spiders webs on. Rip up a pair of old leggings or tights to make it look like you have crawled from your witches cave! Add a pair of plain shoes and accessories with a Witch/Warlock hat and broomstick! And there you have it your quick and easy Halloween outfit all for a low price!
Published: 21st Sep